DISCLAIMER:

IF SOMETHING YOU READ DOESN'T SOUND RIGHT, I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PLEAD INSANITY! Or I've already taken my Ambien.







Thursday, June 10, 2010

You might be a Preppy Redneck if...

*Your lime green swimming pool matches your lime green golf cart.



*This is your swimming pool & your littles swim in their underwear.

*The monogram on your Denali is covered with mud. (The monogram part doesn't mean that much around here because even the hardcore rednecks have monograms.)

*Your BFF hosts a fish fry on her deck/outdoor living room complete with chandelier.

*You hire a acoustic guitarist for your parties, then ride 4-wheelers all evening.

*You drink martinis & eat fried pickles.

*Your 3-year-old wears smocked dresses but can still beat up children twice her size.

*Your child's private school obviously had a major problem with camouflage because now it's on the dress code do not wear list.

*Your pedicure looks like this, thanks to your 8-year-old & the polish she found at Target.


*Complete with the tattoo you acquired in college, a few years before you obtained your Mrs.

*Your children know the words to numerous country songs, several of which refer to drinking.

*Your baby wore her tutu to her favorite restaurant, Cracker Barrel.

*the restaurant was the redneck part.

*And I just had to include this one of Bo playing pitcher's mound at the last t-ball game.

I'm planning a week's worth of giveaways while I'm on vacation next week.

Semi-slackr's Vacation week of Giveaways


18 comments:

Henley on the Horn said...

You are too funny. I love all of the recaps!

Mom of Three said...

Love it! I might be a preppy redneck too, as I made the husband make me pink corn hole boards with a green alligators on them. I love them!

Laura said...

Oh. My. GAWD! That was hilarious! That sure does look like a HUGE t-ball field!

Jennifer said...

We could be such great friends. But I'm poor so we don't have a Denali. LOL

Jessica Ryan said...

You are the cutest redneck I ever did see!!!!

Home of a Magnolia said...

I'm LOL! I really know some of these people. Thanks for the laugh. Got to follow your blog.

Crayon Princess said...

I think we are living paralell lives, just in different states. And hey, don't be knocking Cracker Barrel--as MC says, it's the best of both worlds--shopping and eating!

Unknown said...

This made me laugh out loud! I know some and I am some!

Babes Mami said...

Now I want Cracker Barrel!!

Anonymous said...

Hehehehe. I'm so glad I'm out of my hometown, man I was turning into SUCH a redneck! ;)

fleming Fab 5 said...

This is my life!!!

Beth Dunn said...

Love that pool!
xoxo
SC

Tracie said...

LOL! My kids lurve Cracker Barrel!

Have a great vacation!

Adrienne said...

we love us some cracker barrel ...where else can I order pecan (Pee can) pancakes and fried okra

Miss Janice said...

LOVE this!!! So hilarious! You can find the mint moon pies at Cracker Barrel Missy!

Amber D said...

Oh my...I am just getting a chance to read your blog. Computer issues at our house...arrgh. Next time you can blog about you might be a redneck if: You and your besties go to the movies, while at the movie's your BFF's husband comes over to visit Retro & kids on the 4 wheeler - just some 10 miles down the street. And the Po-Po stops him on the way home and says he could charge him with child endangerment because they are not supposed to be riding a 4 wheeler on the road ESPECIALLY with no helmet. Thankfully he let him go with a warning so no monthly visits from DFACS(for the time being). Hope y'all are having fun at the beach! I am so jealous!

Ashley said...

reading through your blog and I LOVE it! This post I was almost peeing my pants laughing at because I could relate to many of them! Thank you for sharing :)
-Ashley-

Anonymous said...

New Fan from The Preppy Redneck! Found your blog while doing some keyword research on google for my website. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails