DISCLAIMER:

IF SOMETHING YOU READ DOESN'T SOUND RIGHT, I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PLEAD INSANITY! Or I've already taken my Ambien.







Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolutions- We'll try again in 2010

Before I start on this year's resolutions, I thought I'd check back on this post from last year & just do a little editing. And save me some time.


For the last several years, I have refused to even discuss New Year's resolutions. They were always the same things & I never kept them longer than about 2 weeks. I did do a little better this year. little being the operative word here.

But this year's going to be different. I don't plan on any life changing occurrences like career changes, new houses (or cars for that matter), major surgeries (except maybe a tummy tuck, please!) or pregnancies (yes, I AM POSITIVE!) to alter my plans. no tummy tuck & definitely no babies, unless you count that dawg. But we did have that major Home Improvement Project. And the catastrophic loss of Matt Lizzie (our former nanny/housekeeper who got cancer in Feb, for you new people)

I've tried to make these either easily attainable goals or things I REALLY need to do! I know I'm not going to exercise so there's no sense in pretending & hopefully I can keep off the weight I've recently lost. So here's my list: Did get sick, so I was able to lose even more weight. I'll take sick (at least the kind I am) over exercise any day.
  • Be a better blogger! Besides Bunko, this is the one thing I do for me & I'd love to be the best I can be at it. (i.e. more followers & comments!) I did do pretty good at this (at least the writing part), but I may ease up a little in 2010 (I think I'm kinda getting burnt out. - sorry loyal readers.)
  • Get & stay organized! My house, my kids, my life. This falls under the really need to do category. Getting organized, I can do. Staying organized, now that's a whole other story! a little more organized, thanks to the H.I.P. But this place is still mass chaos. So that'll be on the list for 2010.
  • Make my kids eat healthier. Retro's idea, but you know who gets to do all the work. Who do I have to sleep with (or NOT sleep with) at the FDA for them to consider Happy Meals healthy food? Yeah, that went over like a lead balloon. We'll try again in 2010! with the addition of limiting drive-thru visits to once a week (except in emergencies, which means anytime Mommy deems absolutely necessary) For lunch today, I fed my children hotdogs, mac & cheese & corn on the cob. I'm well on my way with this one.
  • Count to 10! I so need/want to stop yelling & losing my temper with the children. If my doctor would just give me those dang happy pills I asked for, since the back doctor was a bust. *My real resolution is to call my OB/GYN & get some from him. He loves me & after all, he did deliver those 3 bundles of joy. Got the pills. Looking forward to an upgrade in 2010. And I still need to count to 10 or 100 at this point.
  • Keep my car clean. This resolution & the previous one do not bode well together. Because guess who messes it up! We'll try this one again in 2015. Enough said.
I have also taken the opportunity to make resolutions for my children:

  • B0 - Learn to wipe his own booty & buckle his own seat belt. Am I asking too much? He is 4 years old!!! Yea! We got one right!
  • Sassy - Accept the fact that she will be in school for 11 more years (at the very least) & will have to study & do homework the whole time! Santa asked her to be more helpful around the house, but I know that's just a pipe dream. Still a pipe dream...
  • and finally, Baby Girl - get potty-trained! This may be the most realistic goal on the whole list!!! well... we had this down, but now having UTI issues. That's high on the list to get fixed. It's always something.
Tonight, Retro & I will be ringing in the New Year at my favorite restaurant with some of our dearest friends. Again this year. It's the best thing about the whole dang season.


Here's wishing you & yours a happy & blessed 2009 2010.

12 comments:

Martha said...

You didn't do too bad! Why is it so hard to keep a car clean? I only have one child (she's 12 now), but she NEVER brings anything in from the car.

We have totally cut down on fast food trips since moving from FL to PA, now I have another person to cook for (my mom) so I can't use the excuses I used to use!

Lol, about the studying and helping around the house. I'm still asking for those!

I hope you have a wonderful time tonight. We will be staying home.

Foursons said...

Sounds like a good list to me and you didn't do to shabby! If you figure out the yelling thing let me know.

Juliana said...

Happy New Year. Great resolutions!

Sandra said...

Happy New Year!! Thankful for you and your blog posts! xoxo

Jennifer said...

And this kind of sums up why I really don't like resolutions.

Poolside with the Girls said...

Happy New Year my friend. Enjoy your night. You done good.

Anonymous said...

Happy new yr.....resolutions and I dont do so well together...lol Ive given them up;)

glad I met u in 2009

Tracie Nall said...

That cleaning thing never works out for me either!

Counting to 10......this can definitely be on my list for this year too!

Looking forward to a great new year...hope yours is great too!

Jessica Jones, ATL Mom of 3 said...

sounds like what my list should be...but i am not writing a list so i cannot fail at it : )

Happy New Year

Gracie Beth said...

Happy 2010! I love your blog posts!

KK said...

As always, you CRACK me up!

Nancy C said...

When you figure out how to keep a car clean, (as in Goldfish cracker free) PLEASE fill me in.

Hope you had a great New Year's Eve dinner.

Related Posts with Thumbnails